Traditional metal braces though effective at straightening teeth are not for everyone. For people who have active lifestyles, including playing ice hockey or soccer, metal braces can be a bit difficult to maintain and may pose problems especially during rough play with contact sports.
A great alternative to metal braces is Invisalign treatment. It is the most popular and effective transparent aligners that can be used from simple to most complex cases. The good thing about Invisalign is that you can easily remove the aligners if you need to. As a result, playing contact sports is easier without worrying about your metal braces.
Benefits of Invisalign:
- Unlike braces that utilize brackets and wires that can cause abrasion or irritation to the mouth, Invisalign reduces the risk of such problems.
- It’s clear and transparent, making it barely noticeable.
- Invisalign can correct a variety of teeth imperfections, from simple to the most complex orthodontic issues.
- No food restrictions when wearing Invisalign aligners.
- Invisalign aligners are easy to cleanbecause you can remove it from your mouth to brush and floss your teeth.
- Invisalign offers comfort and convenience because you can quickly remove it when it may be necessary to do so.
If you are dreaming of having a healthy smile and straight teeth, speak with our orthodontic team at York Mills Orthodontics. We’ll help you discover your best option and if you are a candidate for Invlisalign treatment. To learn more about Invisalign, contact our office in North York.
-The York Mills Orthodontics Team