Back to School Tips for Orthodontic Patients!
It’s that time of year, back to school! Many of our patients are headed into the 2019-2020 school year excited to see their friends, start new classes and maybe even sport a new wardrobe! At York Mills Orthodontics, we have a few tips to help keep your orthodontic treatment on track during this exciting time.
1. Don’t Forget About Your Food Restrictions – a vending machine with sticky candy bars can be tempting. Keep some braces-friendly snacks on hand that won’t harm your braces.
2. Be Sure To Brush After Lunch – school can get busy, and it can be easy to forget to brush. Carry your toothbrush and toothpaste along with you so that you can easily brush after meals or snacks.
3. Protect Your Smile When Playing Sports – wear a protective mouthguard that fits over your braces whenever you play sports.
4. Don’t Skip Your Orthodontic Adjustment Appointments – your schedule will be filled with classes, sports, and activities of all types. However, you still need to make sure you come to all your orthodontic adjustment appointments. These appointments are key to keeping your treatment on track.
At York Mills Orthodontics, we are here to help keep your smile at it’s best. For more back to school tips, contact our office in North York! Wishing you a wonderful back to school season!
– The York Mills Orthodontics Team