10 Tips for Living with Braces!
The truth is that life with braces is different, but it doesn’t have to be difficult! At York Mills Orthodontics we are here to help make your treatment as seamless and as comfortable as possible, while giving you the results you want! Like any major change, the process will be easier as you go along. We’ve got some tips to make your new lifestyle as easy as possible from our friends at the Canadian Association of Orthodontists:
- Don’t be shy about your braces – they are more common now than ever!
- Eat soft foods for the first few days after your orthodontic appointments (soups, smoothies or frozen yogurt are great options!)
- Avoid chewing on things that are not food (pencils, pens, etc.)
- Brush multiple times a day and floss daily!
- Stock a bag with tools you will need (flossers, toothbrush, wax) for on the go.
- Do not use any whitening products until you have your braces removed.
- Wear a mouthguard when playing sports.
- If you experience any discomfort or pain, gargle with salt water!
- Stick to your follow-up appointment schedule.
- Don’t forget to smile! Imagine your beautiful smile after your braces are removed J
For more helpful tips on orthodontic treatment or braces in North York, contact us at York Mills Orthodontics! Our team is happy to answer any questions you may have. We look forward to bringing you your best smile!
– The York Mills Orthodontics Team