The alignment and changing of position of your teeth to create a perfect smile is not an easy task. Orthodontists go about this kind of process in many ways.
At York Mills Orthodontics, we will first meet with you to understand your concerns and treatment goals. This is followed by creating a customised treatment plan. In addition to orthodontic braces or Invisalign aligners, other types of orthodontic appliances including Temporary Anchorage Devices (TADs), may be used that help achieve more predictable tooth movements in order to improve treatment efficiency and a better outcome.
Temporary Anchorage Devices or TADs are small titanium-alloy screws that are temporarily fixed to the bone for anchoring and supporting some teeth in order to change or move the position of others. The use of TADs in orthodontics has many benefits. Here are some of the benefits of using TADs.
• Eliminates the need for headgear.
• Faster treatment: Reduces treatment time by improving the predictability of tooth movement.
• Simplifies tooth movements: TADs provide the necessary anchorage to achieve tooth movements that are otherwise not possible.
• Easy Placement and Removal: TADs can be easily placed and removed by your orthodontist. It does not require surgery.
• Flexible: TADs may be used in patients of any age and can be used in many different areas of the mouth.
• Economic: TADs may be used as part of an orthodontic treatment program, which prevents more costly and intrusive dental work.
To learn more about Temporary Anchorage Devices, please contact or visit our orthodontic office, York Mills Orthodontics, in North York.