Have you felt embarrassed to smile? If your teeth are misaligned, we understand why! Misalignment can be a very distressing problem in today’s ultra-image conscious society. Misaligned teeth are also referred to as crossbite, overbite, underbite, and open bite. Your teeth will not be able to perform their proper functions if they are crooked, damaged or irregular in shape and size.
Reasons to Fix Misaligned Teeth:
- Lead to self-consciousness.
- Affect the speech of a person.
- Problematic with chewing food correctly.
- The difficulty with proper brushing and flossing.
- Increased risk associated with bacterial infection, and tooth decay.
How To Treat Misaligned Teeth?
- Braces can help correct the position of teeth.
- Removal of teeth/extraction to solve the problem of overcrowding.
- Bonding, capping or reshaping of teeth.
- Surgery to shorten or reshape the jaw.
- Plates or wires to stabilize the jawbone.
An orthodontist can help diagnose, treat and correct your concerns relating to your smile and malocclusion. X-rays and models of your teeth will help determine the areas of concern and confirm the most ideal treatment, customized for you.
If you are in search of an orthodontic solution for yourself, in Toronto, please contact our office at York Mills Orthodontics. Let us help you explore your orthodontic solutions!
– The York Mills Orthodontics Team